Many of the exercises we can do at-home with little to no equipment are great ways to build strength while getting the benefits of cardio. These body weight exercises are a great convience to those with limited time.
The mountain climber exercise can be used as a warmup before strength training or you can use it in a whole bodyweight series!
Mountain Climbers will test and improve your balance, coordination and agilty as well as provide you with the caridovascular benefits. Mountain climbers are done in the traditional push-up position requiring upper-body strength. It may be difficult to hold your body in this position, but try to keep proper form to work those muscles and get the most out of your workout!!
- Begin in push-up position
- Keep a neutral spine
- Feet are hip-width apart
- Keep your core engaged and tight
- Bring your right knee towards your chest
- Bring your right knee back to start position
- Bring left knee towards chest and back to start
- Keep your arms, shoulder, and core stabilized
- Try not to rock your hips during the movemen
- Move with intent (the faster your legs switch the more cardiovascular benefits)